The benefits system is changing, which means you may not know what you are entitled to or how to make claims.
Changes to the benefits system may affect you depending on where you live, your age (and the age of those who live with you) and the type and size of property you live in. The Tenancy Sustainment Team can offer free, confidential and impartial advice to help you navigate these changes.
We can help you understand the changes to the benefit system caused by welfare reforms, including advice and assistance on:
- social security benefits and tax credits
- under-occupancy (bedroom tax)
- benefit cap
- job start payment
The following are just some of the benefits we can help you with:
- Universal Credit
- Personal Independence Payments
- Disability Living Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Council Tax Reduction
- Scottish Welfare Fund
- Tax Credits
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods
- Funeral Support Payment
- Young Carer Grant
- Carer’s Allowance Supplement
If you would like more information or support, please contact the Tenancy Sustainment Team on 0330 303 0089 or email@example.com.