Residents' Improvement Group
The Residents’ Improvement Group (RIG) is a group of Horizon tenants who work together to look at the services we provide.
The RIG makes recommendations for changes or improvements directly to our Board.
They review our services through tenant led inspections, interviewing and shadowing our staff, reviewing information about our services and talking to other tenants.
The RIG is made up of six tenant volunteers who meet regularly. We provide training, support, and travel expenses to help support their involvement.
Meetings and activities are important but fun, everyone is supported to learn and take part. This is why I got involved, because I wanted to find out more about Horizon.RIG member
Benefits of joining
As a Horizon tenant, joining the RIG can benefit you in many ways. You will:
- Influence the housing service you receive
- Make a difference
- Work alongside others to achieve change
- Gain work experience
- Ensure tenants understand Horizon's work
- Improve your local community
- Gain skills and confidence
If you would like to:
- Find out more about RIG’s work
- Join RIG
- Ask questions about the scrutiny projects
- Suggest areas of the service that RIG could scrutinise
please contact us or call us on 0330 303 0089.