The Data Protection Act 2018 controls how your personal information is used by organisations.
Horizon is responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the legislation are met by adhering to the six data protection principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency.
- Purpose limitation.
- Data minimisation.
- Storage limitation.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
You have the right to find out what information Link and other organisations store about you. These include the right to:
- Be informed about how your data is being used.
- Access your personal data.
- Have incorrect data updated.
- Have data erased.
- Stop or restrict the processing of your data.
- Data portability (allowing you to get and reuse your data for different services).
- Object to how your data is processed in certain activities.