I am a tenant
Horizon Housing Association is a Registered Social Landlord and is a subsidiary of Link Group Limited. A registered Scottish Charity, Horizon is also registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and the Scottish Housing Regulator.
What information do we collect?
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we may process the following information about you:
- Previous address
- Telephone number
- Date of Birth
- E-mail address
- National insurance number
- Next of kin
- Physical and mental health
- Financial information including bank details
- Personal data relating to those living in your household
- Ethnic group
Why we need this information and how it will be used
The reason we collect your information is:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your request for service or complaint made about our service
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
Where we store your data
Your personal data will be securely stored electronically on laptop computers and other devices which are password protected and encrypted. Paper files will be stored in locked cabinets.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. For example, tenancy agreements will normally be held for 12 months after the tenancy has ended.
We will generally keep your information for the minimum period stated on our retention schedule, after which it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Our full retention schedule is available here.
Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- If we enter into a joint venture or merge with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners;
- If we instruct repair or maintenance works, your information may be disclosed to any contractor;
- If we are investigating a complaint, information may be disclosed to Police Scotland, Local Authority departments, Scottish Fire & Rescue Service and others involved in any complaint, whether investigating the complaint or otherwise;
- If we are updating tenancy details, your information may be disclosed to third parties (such as utility companies and Local Authority);
- If we are investigating payments made or otherwise, your information may be disclosed to payment processors, Local Authority and the Department of Work & Pensions;
- If you are in breach of your tenancy, we may share information with solicitors, sheriff officers or debt recovery services;
- If we are conducting a survey of our products and/or service, your information may be disclosed to third parties assisting in the compilation and analysis of the survey results
Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit
- Payments made by you to us;
- Complaints or other communications regarding behaviour or other alleged breaches of the terms of your contract with us, including information obtained from Police Scotland;
- Reports as to the conduct or condition of your tenancy, including references from previous tenancies, and complaints of anti-social behaviour;
- Information from third parties about support and assistance provided to sustain your tenancy and/or independent living
Updating your information
If your details change, please contact 0330 303 0089 or email@example.com to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.