I am a tenancy sustainment service customer
Horizon Housing Association is a Registered Social Landlord and is a subsidiary of Link Group Limited. A registered Scottish Charity, Horizon is also registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and the Scottish Housing Regulator.
Horizon’s Tenancy Sustainment Service provides a range of services including welfare benefits advice and support to Horizon tenants and sharing owners to establish and sustain their tenancies. Services are free, impartial and confidential and include income maximization, assistance to claim social security benefits and appeal benefit decisions. The Service also assists tenants and sharing owners to access the Scottish Welfare Fund and makes applications for charitable funding on their behalf. Services are offered to minimise the impacts of welfare reforms, combat poverty and promote tenancy sustainment.
What information do we collect?
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we may process the following information about you:
- Previous address
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of Birth
- E-mail address
- National insurance number
- Next of kin and or/ nominated contact
- Health Information
- Financial information including bank details
- Personal data relating to those living in your household
Why we need this information and how it will be used
The reason we collect your information is:
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to provide you with advice and information about social security benefits and tax credits
- to assess your eligibility and entitlement to social security benefits and tax credits and assist you to make relevant claims
- to assess your entitlement to charitable grants, Scottish Welfare Fund and other non-statutory benefits including food banks and assist you to make relevant claims
- to assess the appropriateness of disputing and/or appealing a benefit decision and assist you to submit these
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to the benefit system which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
Where we store your data
Your personal data will be securely stored electronically on computers, laptops and other devices which are password protected and encrypted. Paper files will be stored in locked cabinets.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. All personal and sensitive data processed by the Horizon Tenancy Sustainment team will be retained for 5 years before being confidentially destroyed
We will generally keep your information for the minimum period stated on our retention schedule, after which it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Our full retention schedule is available here.
Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential. We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you
Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- benefits information, including awards of Housing Benefit/Universal Credit from local authorities and the Department of Work and Pensions or awards of assistance from charities
- about support and assistance provided to sustain your tenancy and/or independent living.
Updating your information
If your details change, please contact 0330 303 0089 or email@example.com to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.