I am a factored owner
Horizon Housing Association is a Registered Social Landlord and is a subsidiary of Link Group Limited. A registered Scottish Charity, Horizon is also registered with the Financial Conduct Authority and the Scottish Housing Regulator.
We provide a factoring service for owners in some of our developments, and oversee maintenance, repairs and improvements to the common areas of properties. We work with owners to ensure that these areas are maintained to a high standard by providing a flexible high quality and cost efficient service.
What information do we collect?
To allow us to provide the service you would expect from us, we may process the following information about you:
- Correspondence address
- Telephone number
- Email address
Why we need this information and how it will be used
The reason we collect your information is:
- to undertake and perform our obligations and duties to you in accordance with the terms of our contract with you
- to enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested or expect from us
- to enable us to respond to your factoring query and complaints made
- to analyse the customer feedback we collect so that we can administer, support and improve our business and the services we offer
- to contact you in order to send you details of any changes to our services which may affect you
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business
- to contact you for your views on our services.
Where we store your data
Your personal data will be securely stored electronically on computers, laptops and other devices which are password protected and encrypted. Paper files will be stored in locked cabinets.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you. We will generally keep your information for the minimum period stated on our retention schedule, after which it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
Our retention schedule is available here.
Sharing your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential.
We may disclose your information to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including the following:
- Repairs, maintenance, landscaping and other contractors
- Housing management system providers
- Survey contractors, solicitors, sheriff officers
- First-tier Tribunal (Housing and Property Chamber)
- Insurance providers
Receiving data about you
We may receive the following information from third parties:
- Payments made by you to us
- Track and trace information from sheriff officer in the event of arrears collection
- Complaint information from a representative on your behalf
Updating your information
If your details change, please contact 0330 303 0089 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us to ensure that all of the information we hold about you is up to date.