This policy relates to how we deal with requests for the succession of a tenancy.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we will make the best use of our housing stock and will ensure that, wherever possible, houses are occupied by households that need the type of accommodation we provide
- we will be clear about the different levels of succession applying to mainstream and amenity housing and to housing designed to wheelchair users standard
We implement the policy by:
- responding to all written claims within one month
- taking into account all the needs and circumstances of those involved before deciding who should succeed a tenancy
- allowing individuals, who have been refused succession to a tenancy, to appeal that decision by following our complaints procedure
We will ensure we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in February 2016.