Repairs and Maintenance Policy
This policy relates to how we are committed to the ongoing improvement of our repairs service
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we will continually assess all aspects of our repairs service to ensure its overall efficiency and effectiveness
- we will compare service provision regularly against agreed targets as well as good practice initiatives elsewhere
- we will consult with tenants and other service users in the development of our repairs service
- we will ensure the service provides value for money
We implement the policy by providing services that are:
- sustainable and minimise waste
- user friendly and offer customer satisfaction, for example advising tenants regularly of progress in meeting repair targets
- easily accessible, for example well publicised and clearly accountable
- appropriate to staff development and staff welfare and safety
We will ensure that we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 and the tenancy agreement.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in October 2015 and will be reviewed in 2018 in consultation with tenants.