Rents and Service Charges Policy
This policy relates to how we set rents for our properties.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- rents should be affordable for tenants
- rents should be comparable to the rents of other Registered Social Landlords within the areas we operate
- rent levels need to ensure the continuing financial viability of Horizon
We implement the policy by:
- establishing a rent structure to calculate the amount of rent that should be charged for each property type
- reviewing rents each year, with reference to the principles
- consulting tenants and giving due consideration to their views prior to agreeing any rent increase
We will ensure that we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 by consulting with tenants.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in February 2008 and will be reviewed in 2013 in consultation with tenants.