This policy relates to how we ensure our membership reflects the community we serve and other people with a specific interest in our work.
This policy is applied using the following principles.
Membership is open to any individual or organisation who:
- is, or may be affected, by Horizon's activities
- is committed to Horizon's vision, purpose and values and to promote and implement these
- is willing to demonstrate their commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and the removal of discrimination in all its forms
We implement the policy by:
- encouraging applications from all sections of the communities served by Horizon and from our partners
- considering all membership applications as soon as reasonably practicable at the next Board meeting
- following approval of an application, the Secretary, will within seven working days, write to the new member to confirm their membership. The new Member will receive their Share Certificate and a copy of our Rules. They will also receive a copy of Horizon's Annual Report and regular newsletters throughout the year.
We will ensure that we meet our constitutional obligations as set out under our Rules.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in August 2016.