This policy shows how we operate property management or factoring services.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- Services will achieve the Scottish Social Housing Charter outcomes for owners in relation to participation, communication, and continually improving value for money.
- Services will comply with the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011, associated Code of Conduct and all relevant legislation on consumer protection, financial services, consumer credit licences, title conditions, health and safety, data protection and equalities.
- Services will be financially sustainable for each of the Link Group’s registered property factors and affordable to homeowners.
We implement the policy by:
- Devising procedures for compliance with the policy.
- Regular review and improvement of procedures.
- Providing Written Statements in accordance with the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011 and associated Code of Conduct.
- Keeping staff informed of policy and procedural requirements, amendments and changes and regular staff training on property management issues.
Horizon will ensure that it complies with its obligations as required by the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in August 2017.