Estate Management Policy
This policy relates to how we are committed to providing a management and maintenance service which takes care of our estates and that they are attractive and safe places to live.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we encourage tenants to accept their responsibilities for the general cleaning and upkeep of common areas and inspect all areas on a regular basis
- we will ensure that the buildings and local environment is preserved
- we will work in partnership with other agencies
- we will listen to the needs of our customers, giving advice and support where needed
We implement the policy by:
- clearly defining Horizon's and the tenant's role for the upkeep of their homes and the environment in their Tenancy Agreement
- having sign up procedures and settling in visits where tenants responsibilities are reinforced
- asking all tenants to sign a Good Neighbour Agreement
- arranging regular visits to developments
- quarterly Health and Safety inspections of pathways etc
- encouraging feedback and participation from tenants in the improvement and upkeep of their estate
We will ensure that we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in November 2013.