Equality and Diversity Policy
This policy shows how we are committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we will be fair and equitable and non-discriminatory
- we will reflect the needs of our diverse organisation
- we will reflect statutory requirements and best practice
- we will be flexible and adaptable to changing needs
- we will ensure we integrate equality and diversity pracitices in all we do
- we will ensure the policy is clear and understood by all employees, agents, partners, customers and stakeholders
We implement the policy by:
- ensuring all staff, Board members and others with whom we work are committed to this policy
- promoting this policy to those who receive a service from us
We acknowledge equality legislation and will act within this legislation at all times. We will also actively consult with different individuals and communities to ensure that our services are responsive and reflect the diversity of need.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in February 2016.