Access Ownership Policy
The policy sets the objectives and principles for the Access Ownership programme – a unique approach to enabling disabled households to find or stay in a home suitable for their needs, and operating with no government subsidy.
It covers the eligibility criteria for the scheme, partnership arrangements, and the decision making and financial frameworks which support implementation of the scheme.
The objectives of this policy are to ensure:
• The design of the scheme and its principles are set out for any prospective partners or funder.
• Levels of delegation to staff are clear.
• The decision making framework, including eligibility criteria, financial and property assessment, is set out and can be shared with partners and prospective sharing owners.
• The basis for financial assessment protects Link, Horizon and prospective sharing owners from undesirable levels of financial risk.
• The scheme is operated consistently with Link and Horizon’s vision and strategic objectives.