This policy relates to how we will respond to requests to assign a tenancy agreement to another person.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we will establish the circumstances in which Horizon will consent to assignation
- we will detail the rights of the assignee and how Horizon will meet the requirements of housing and other relevant legislation
We shall approve the assignation in line with the following conditions:
- the request is made in writing
- the proposed assignee is at least 16 years old
- the proposed assignee can provide evidence satisfactory to Horizon that they have lived in the property as their only or principal home for at least six months prior to the request
- there are no grounds for reasonable refusal
We will ensure that we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in March 2013.