This policy relates to how we approach the allocation of our properties.
This policy is applied using the following principles:
- we will allocate our houses to people with high levels of housing need
- we permit open access to our houses from all sections of the community
- we will make the best use of our housing stock by allocating the right size and type of property to those most in need
- we will assist in the creation and maintenance of balanced and sustainable communities, by enabling applicants to choose where they live and by providing homes to meet the needs and preferences of a broad range of people.
We implement the policy by:
- offering properties to the applicant with the highest points total on the housing list for the appropriate sized property and area
- publishing details of how many people apply for each vacancy and their priority level
- providing information about vacant properties on a regular basis and providing a closing date for applications
- allowing any person who has registered to apply for advertised properties.
We will ensure that we meet our statutory obligations under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 2001.
This policy was approved by the Horizon Board in February 2014.